Welcome to the latest round-up. We have pulled together some of the biggest developments in the battery storage sector and the transition towards Net Zero into one, convenient list to help you keep up to date with the ever-moving landscape of the UK’s energy sector.
1) Global lithium-ion Battery Market grew to $34.1 billion in 2020
Despite rapid growth already achieved, the global lithium-ion storage market is forecast to continue strong growth over the next five years.
2) UK’s net zero push undermined by energy grid that holds back renewables
Renewable energy providers are calling for reform of an antiquated system that is hampering the green rollout.
3) Business and industry leaders urged to accelerate climate action
COP26 President Alok Sharma called on businesses worldwide to take action to combat climate change ahead of the UK hosting key climate summit.
4) UK deemed one of the most expensive countries in europe for EV charging
The UK placed seventh in a list of most expensive countries in Europe to charge an electric vehicle.
5) Tesco to incentivise suppliers who report and reduce emissions
Tesco has become the first business in the food and drink sector to offer supply chain finance incentives to those prepared to submit to greater transparency.
6) Target to slash emissions by 78% enshrined in UK law
The UK has committed to the world’s most ambitious climate change target by pledging to reduce emissions 78% compared to 1990 levels by 2035.
14 May 2021