Welcome to the latest round-up. We have pulled together some of the biggest developments in the battery storage sector and the transition towards Net Zero into one, convenient list to help you keep up to date with the ever-moving landscape of the UK’s energy sector.
1) UK Power Networks unveils £4.5 billion investment plan
Networks operator plans major investment push to prepare grid for surge in power demand from heat pumps and electric vehicles.
2) ‘extraordinary’ solar and battery boom underway in easT of england
A total of 34 new solar generation sites and nine battery storage sites have secured connection contracts with UK Power Networks (UKPN) between January and May in Essex, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
3) 83% of Brits ‘concerned about climate change’
More than half say their local area is experiencing climate change effect to at least some extent, according to a new BEIS survey.
4) Renewable sources provided more than a quarter of us electrical generation in april
Electrical generation by renewable energy sources (i.e., biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar, wind) set a new record in April 2021 and accounted for 25.7% of total US production.
5) asset owners urged to prepare for legislated net-zero goals
Asset owners should get started on net-zero targets quickly, as aligning with the Paris Agreement may not be optional forever, according to Robeco climate strategist, Lucian Peppelenbos.
6) Low carbon manufacturing fastest growing sector in West Midlands
Low-carbon manufacturing and goods are now the West Midlands’ fastest growing sector, latest research has shown, boosting the region’s ambition to lead a new, green industrial revolution.
09 July 2021