Through excellence in engineering and manufacturing along with investment into R&D to both develop new innovations and keep existing solutions at the forefront of technological advancements, our company has built a reputation as a pioneering leading-edge provider of smart energy solutions. Powerstar is dedicated to helping customers achieve their energy objectives and aspirations based on each site’s specific requirements and by considering the site-wide perspective. This enables businesses to implement a comprehensive smart grid solution to meet their energy needs.
Our flagship solutions are the Powerstar VIRTUE energy storage solution, the Powerstar range of voltage optimisation technologies, and the super low loss amorphous core distribution transformer with integrated remote monitoring, Powerstar SO-LO.
Underpinned by a customer focused approach at all levels of the business, combined with continued commitment to innovation and our engineering core, we are dedicated to helping clients achieve their energy goals through identifying the correct engineering solution and implementing technologies that are designed to meet the individual needs of each client.
Our Company Profile
- Formed in 2001, Powerstar’s head office is located in Sheffield, UK
- Manufacturers of Powerstar VIRTUE energy storage, Powerstar voltage optimisation solutions, and Powerstar SO-LO distribution transformers.
- Technologies are engineered in the UK and exported to over 20 countries
- Solutions are manufactured under IEC 60076, and under the Made In Sheffield accreditation
- Powerstar is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 approved
- In 2017, Powerstar acquired Bromsgrove Winding Services Ltd (BWS), Powerstar manufactures transformers from this site in Bromsgrove, and the full Powerstar transformer range can be viewed on the dedicated transformer website – https://powerstartx.com/
Our Core Values
We understand that the strength of our company lies in the strength of our people. We believe in empowering our people and challenging them to reach new heights by nurturing a collaborative and mutually supportive environment that builds a rewarding long-term career for all employees, as well as delivering a better value proposition to our suppliers and customers.
Powerstar is a technology provider of engineered solutions. We specialise in delivering turn-key smart energy solutions, from concept through to design and manufacture, our high-quality products are bespoke to meet our individual client requirements and specification.
We keep customer needs and satisfaction at the heart of our business and we are committed to listening and responding positively to their needs. This results in us being able to not simply meet their expectations, but exceed them due to having a thorough understanding of their individual requirements.
The environment we operate in never stands still, so why would we? We pride ourselves on prioritising innovation and constantly developing and improving our portfolio of products and services to meet customer needs and find innovative solutions to new challenges the evolving market presents.
As a manufacturer we accept responsibility for how our actions affect the environment, and strive to operate in a sustainable manner. From monitoring and reporting on the energy efficiency performance of our facilities, to how we engage with suppliers and our customers, sustainability is considered at every step.
Our 7 Golden Rules
- Wellbeing – look after yourself and look after each other.
- Respect – exhibit and maintain professional integrity, ethical behaviour, and respect at all times.
- WOW customers – always aim to surpass expectations and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Operational excellence – continually seek excellence that is underpinned by established procedures and evidenced through recognised accreditations.
- Empower – inspire and encourage creativity. Support a learning environment where people feel confident sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Collaboration – cultivate an environment where interdepartmental teamwork is promoted and rewarded, allowing shared goals to be attained and creating productive superheroes.
- Green golden rule – our path to achieving long term sustainability.