Powerstar is a market-leading smart energy solution provider, designing, manufacturing, and delivering advanced engineering solutions for specialist applications. The company’s vision focuses on helping clients solve unique energy problems affecting their business, and Powerstar’s expertise enables a fully bespoke solution to be delivered to meet the client’s goals.
With continued commitment and investment into research and development, Powerstar is at the forefront of engineering excellence within the energy industry. This has led Powerstar to become a leading provider of advanced behind-the-meter battery energy storage applications to provide complete power resilience with area-wide uninterruptible powers supply (UPS), and support companies on their path to Net Zero. This is increasingly important in a world reliant on rapid electrification and digitalisation.
Through its dedicated team of technical experts, Powerstar has also developed technical appraisal and project feasibility capabilities with the application of digital twins, energy control strategy planning, and real-time modelling and simulation for microgrid applications.
With these capabilities, and its commitment and dedication to the client, Powerstar is expertly positioned to solve your unique energy-related problems.
Our Company Profile
- Formed in 2001, Powerstar’s head office is located in Sheffield, UK
- Manufacturers of Powerstar VIRTUE energy storage, Powerstar voltage optimisation solutions, and Powerstar SO-LO distribution transformers.
- Technologies are engineered in the UK and exported to over 20 countries
- Solutions are manufactured under IEC 60076, and under the Made In Sheffield accreditation
- Powerstar is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 approved
- In 2017, Powerstar acquired Bromsgrove Winding Services Ltd (BWS), Powerstar manufactures transformers from this site in Bromsgrove, and the full Powerstar transformer range can be viewed on the dedicated transformer website – https://powerstartx.com/
Our Core Values
We understand that the strength of our company lies in the strength of our people. We believe in empowering our people and challenging them to reach new heights by nurturing a collaborative and mutually supportive environment that builds a rewarding long-term career for all employees, as well as delivering a better value proposition to our suppliers and customers.
Powerstar is a technology provider of engineered solutions. We specialise in delivering turn-key smart energy solutions, from concept through to design and manufacture, our high-quality products are bespoke to meet our individual client requirements and specification.
We keep customer needs and satisfaction at the heart of our business and we are committed to listening and responding positively to their needs. This results in us being able to not simply meet their expectations, but exceed them due to having a thorough understanding of their individual requirements.
The environment we operate in never stands still, so why would we? We pride ourselves on prioritising innovation and constantly developing and improving our portfolio of products and services to meet customer needs and find innovative solutions to new challenges the evolving market presents.
As a manufacturer we accept responsibility for how our actions affect the environment, and strive to operate in a sustainable manner. From monitoring and reporting on the energy efficiency performance of our facilities, to how we engage with suppliers and our customers, sustainability is considered at every step.
Our 7 Golden Rules
- Wellbeing – look after yourself and look after each other.
- Respect – exhibit and maintain professional integrity, ethical behaviour, and respect at all times.
- WOW customers – always aim to surpass expectations and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Operational excellence – continually seek excellence that is underpinned by established procedures and evidenced through recognised accreditations.
- Empower – inspire and encourage creativity. Support a learning environment where people feel confident sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Collaboration – cultivate an environment where interdepartmental teamwork is promoted and rewarded, allowing shared goals to be attained and creating productive superheroes.
- Green golden rule – our path to achieving long term sustainability.