The benefits of battery energy storage systems, such as Powerstar VIRTUE, can be numerous, but ultimately the overall purpose of energy storage is to deliver fundamental improvements to the way that electricity is generated, delivered, and consumed.
The general benefits provided by Powerstar’s VIRTUE energy storage solution can be broken down into three areas:
Powerstar VIRTUE can:
Maximise – Get the most out of your existing assets by integrating them with VIRTUE
Save – Switch to stored energy when required to maximise revenues and save energy
Eliminate – Eliminate operational risk through the full load seamless Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) capabilities of VIRTUE
Powerstar’s energy storage solution, VIRTUE, is not an off-the-shelf product. It is an engineered solution which is designed to match the bespoke challenges facing each business. As a result, each Powerstar VIRTUE system is designed, manufactured, and engineered specifically for each client to achieve maximum efficiencies and savings in line with the priorities of the client.
Powerstar VIRTUE can maximise the use of on-site renewable energy sources through the process of storing an excess of renewable energy for later usage, thereby reducing its intermittency, minimising reliance on the grid and improving the reliability of renewable generation. This contributes to the journeys of businesses towards a carbon neutral status by optimising the benefits of wind and solar generation, consequently reducing the dependency on fossil fuels.
Powerstar’s VIRTUE energy storage solution allows for greater control and flexibility of electricity usage, and offers a wide range of benefits, outlined below:
- Minimise transmission costs (Triads) and distribution costs (red DUoS)
- Capacity Market (CM) levy avoidance
- Average reduction of 25% off your electricity bill
- Balancing services: frequency response
- Balancing services: energy arbitrage
- Capacity Market (CM)
- Renewable portfolio balancing
- Power resilience through full Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) capabilities
- Ability to maximise assets such as renewable generation and CHP
- Energy optimisation through voltage regulation
- Harmonics reduction and power quality improvements
- Remote monitoring capability for enhanced visibility of asset performance and optimisation
- Intelligent and optimised use of energy offers increased flexibility