Low voltage (LV) optimisation is a smart energy technology used to reduce the incoming power supply to a level optimal for on-site electrical equipment, providing protection for sensitive electrical equipment, as well as savings to annual consumption, costs and CO2 emissions.
- PROTECT on-site electrical equipment from voltage spikes and premature burnout
- CUT carbon footprint and CO2 emissions
- REDUCE financial risks, lower capital costs and increase the bottom line
- SAVE money on electricity costs
The benefits of Voltage Optimisation are summarised in this video
Fixed vs. variable voltage optimisation
Depending on the characteristics of a site, fixed or variable LV optimisation systems can deliver significant benefits to energy efficiency. Powerstar LITE is a ‘fixed’ voltage optimisation system and Powerstar MAX is an ‘electronic-dynamic’ voltage optimisation system, both provide significant benefits for high energy users.
Powerstar LITE provides a set level reduction matched from incoming supply and administered through a predefined tap range whereas the Powerstar MAX solutions maintain a stable voltage supply for unstable voltage profiles through using intelligent electronic controls which automatically adjust the voltage to ensure a constant level.
Both systems clean and condition the incoming power supply, which optimises the incoming voltage by a set amount in order to match electrical equipment requirements on-site providing benefits including:
- Regulated voltage to protect equipment from voltage spikes
- Energy consumption savings
- Reduced wear and tear on electrical equipment
- Lowered carbon emissions
- Significant savings on electricity bills
- Additional savings through induced negative power (back EMF)
- All systems are backed by a 100% consumption savings guarantee
However, in addition to the above, Powerstar MAX systems also stabilise the incoming power supply, regulating the voltage to a level which closely meets the electrical equipment requirements on-site and maintains it at this level irrespective of fluctuations in the incoming voltage profile providing security and stability to incoming voltage and generating additional savings for suitable sites.
- Constant voltage regulation to protect on-site sensitive electrical equipment
- Average 8-10% savings on annual electricity consumption
- A typical return on investment of 2-4 years
- Reduced harmonic distortion and improved power factor
- Intelligent real-time online remote monitoring (optional extra on LITE systems)
- A patented design
- Up to 15 years warranty and estimated 50 year lifespan
Powerstar delivers a concept to completion turnkey solution, which provides customer’s an engineered solution to their energy targets challenges.
All Powerstar voltage optimisation systems are fully designed and manufactured in the UK to meet the requirements of each site. Through this approach to voltage optimisation, Powerstar is able to produce the correct application for each building, delivering maximum saving and efficiency for every client.