Powerstar Round-Up 89
Welcome to the latest round-up. We have pulled together some of the biggest developments in energy into one, convenient list to help you keep up to date with the ever-moving landscape of the UK’s energy sector.
1) Northern Powergrid unveils ‘microresilience’ smart grid project
Northern Powergrid have unveiled a £2.5 million project that they describe as the first-of-its-kind.
2) New research centre to shape shift towards renewable energy
A new £80 million research centre at Loughborough University will help the Global South to shape and benefit from transition to sustainable energy
3) Outages becoming longer and more frequent due to failure to tackle climate change
Environmental groups are calling for the US power grid to be completely reimagined to better cope with extreme weather
4) Utility spending on smart meter analytics to triple through 2030
Global utilities will increase investment in smart meter analytics by three times over the next decade as they seek to unlock the full value of advanced metering infrastructure
5) Are large data centres in Europe putting pressure on power?
Large data centres in the UK, Germany, Ireland, Norway and the Netherlands are projected to draw 5.4GW in power demand by 2030
6) Microgrids save businesses money and battery storage is key
Microgrids offer resilient and independent power supply as well as electricity cost reductions
You might also be interested in
Shifting from fossil-fuel based energy generation to renewable power is key to the UK’s net zero ambitions. Batteries have a key role to play
Powerstar rounds up the latest news and updates in the energy sector
For manufacturers under pressure from rising energy costs, it is important to focus on balancing the energy trilemma for the long term