A savings Measurement & Verification (M&V) service is provided with Powerstar systems offering a thorough analysis of project results to enable clients to understand the benefits achieved through the installation of either a voltage optimisation or energy storage technology.
Powerstar follows a standard methodology when providing measurement and verification which is carried out through a framework in line with internationally recognised measurement standards such as the International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) for voltage optimisation technologies.
The service provided to clients has been commended as a sound and accurate procedure by independent auditors and verification specialists which can be viewed here.
In addition to verifying savings, clients are supported with a warranty period (depending on product and country of installation) which includes all parts and labour. Exact details and full warranty periods of each system are communicated clearly with clients within the sales process.
100% Savings Guarantee on POWERSTAR Voltage Optimisation Systems
All Powerstar voltage optimisation systems (LITE, MAX, HV MAX) are supported by a 100% savings guarantee which is analysed through the Measurement & Verification service via the 5 step process below:
- A comparison of kWh data, 28 days pre-install and 28 days post installation
- A comparison of kWh data, 28 days post-install against the same dates year on year (pre-install)
- A comparison of kWh data, 84 days post-install against the same dates year on year (pre-install)
- Regression analysis based on kWh consumption and variables such as weather, holiday periods etc.
- Verification of the savings achieved from negative power feedback (back EMF)
If, following the above steps, the savings outlined in the proposal are not achieved the guarantee would result in the client receiving repayments to cover the shortfall over the duration of the payback period, as outlined in the below example:
- The proposal guarantees: 10% saving worth £15,000 per annum with 2.8 year payback
- Actual savings achieved: 8% saving worth £12,000 per annum
- Shortfall: 2% saving worth £3,000 per annum
- 100% Guarantee Payback: Annual repayments to compensate the shortfall will be paid throughout the payback period. As in the above example, this would be a total of £8,400 (£3,000 x 2.8) paid back over the 2.8 years period
The Voltage Optimisation Business Case